Charles Henderson Collection of Native American Relics
Native American arrowheads and hammer heads gathered from Dodge County
This collection is comprised of hundreds of Native American arrowheads and hammer heads that were gathered from mainly Dodge and surrounding counties. It was the work of Charles Henderson (1847-1924), a respected Mayville citizen who served in the Civil War. These artifacts were purchased from the Charles R. Henderson estate in 1927 by C. W. Docter and Dr. R. A. Docter, both of Mayville. The Docters then donated the entire collection to the Mayville Joint Free High School District in 1927 with stipulations that the collection be placed on exhibit where it may be seen and examined; that it be kept in proper cases and be identified as the Charles R. Henderson collection; and never be sold.